April 25, 2018

Have had shut down issues at random for some time. Then it finally shut down in traffic and will not start. Ran through many tests and now getting spark, but no start.

I have had issues with relays overheating. Switch them around and usually restarts. Not this time. I read about the three red/white wires out of the under hood relay box and started pulling the harness apart to find the splice. No luck with the red/white, but found two grey and one black that are spliced and corroded as described in the red wire fix. Wondering if maybe this has been modified by someone in the past. I have only had it for two years or so.

The splice is green with corrosion and the wire broke off when I pulled it out. Trouble is, the wire that broke off is a short pigtail about 6 inches or so long, with a female connector at the end. When I pulled it out of the harness, I could not find what it was connected to. No male connector in the harness or anywhere else in sight. Looking inside the connector, it doesn`t like it was plugged into anything. When I test it, the connection is hot, even with ignition off.

SO THE BIG QUESTION NOW IS, WHAT DOES THIS THREE WIRE HOT LEAD GO TO?

The damn thing cranks now, but still will not start.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.