October 4, 2009Hi Everyone! First post but long time lurker... I have a '95 Dakota with the 5.2. I have never had a problem with it in the past...always starts right up and runs great but yesterday I started it up and drove to the store, turned it off and then started it right back up and then came home..about a minute after I turned it off my daughters got in it to go to a youth activity. It started, then died right away....and now it wont start....does not turn over, but battery is good and everything works. Any suggestions? Thanks! Jim
October 4, 2009possible ignition switch went bad?
October 4, 2009When you turn the key it does absolutely nothing? or, you hear :: click click click:: ??
October 4, 2009Blue, No click, click, click. All power is still there just nothing when I turn the key all the way.
October 4, 2009Have you checked your battery connections? Sometimes the terminals will be clean, but it can be corroded under the plastic coating..that happened to me earlier this year..
When it died on you, did it actually quit running and die, or just wouldn't start the next time you tried it?
October 4, 2009Sounds like maybe your IAC could be stuck and won't let it idle..It's worth looking into.
Will it start and run if you hold the gas to the floor while turning it over? it wont even attempt to turn over?
October 4, 2009Also, the starter could have died too.. Try tapping it with a hammer or something with good size/weight, then turn it over..
October 4, 2009hecked the battery terminals and they are good. The battery itself is good also. Just wouldnt turn over a minute after I had it running. I turned it off and then daughter tried to start it and it started then died a second after it started and now it wont even turn over.
October 12, 2009Just an update....put in a new starter and a new battery and still nothing. After I installed the new starter and tried to start it up...the motor started to turn over but the battery was weak. After I installed the new battery and tried to start it...nothing...no click or anything....but had all lights and radio....
October 12, 2009check your battery wires.. they go bad inside the coating as well.. i had an issue the same once with my 95 where the corrosion was goin down into the wire coating and making it weak.. just an idea